Thursday, October 6, 2011

Scratching my Itch

I've tried blogging before but it just felt superfluous...  There was no purpose behind it.  I love sharing the funny details of life but, let's face it, not that many people want to read about my kids squawking like chickens as they practice piano scales.

I've been chatting with a group of women who are excited about feeding their families healthier foods.  I don't just mean more veggies and fibre, but homemade foods that have less manufactured processing.  I readily admit that I can't really get down to the basics unless I move to the country where I can have a farm with cattle and a huge garden, but I'd like to get as close to "from scratch" as I can with each meal that I prepare.

My hope is that as I venture further into "from scratch" territory, you'll come along with me to learn and laugh as I get messy doing what I love: feeding my family good, homemade food that will set them on a path of healthy eating for the rest of their lives.

~Wanda

p.s.  In my opinion, healthy eating is just as much about the scratchiness of the foods as it is about the healthiness.  So while I'll have some good healthy recipes, you'll also find lots of yummy sweets along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment