Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sew Much Fun!


My super-mom friend and home-schooler extra-ordinaire, Momo, came over the other day to catch up.  It had been a while.  Since my ??th birthday was the day before, she surprised me with a lovely gift - a hand bag, sewn entirely by herself.  I immediately fell in love with it and then commissioned her nine-year-old daughter to make a cell-phone case to match.

Later that day, as I showed my new bag to my eight-year-old daughter, she asked if we could sew something like that too.  "Why not?"  So we jumped head first into the fun of sewing!  It's been just under a month, but we already have several crafts, made by our hands, and we're working on a few more. 

I thought this bookmark would be great for each of the kids to make for their teachers as an "end of the school year" gift.

An Apple Ribbon Bookmark

And we're taking our fun with us to Family Camp this year.  So far we've got T-shirt pillows, felt designs and Puppy Pals planned for activity time at camp with all our friends.  It'll be Sew Much Fun!
Her first project, a puppy pal!

Cut-out felt flowers attached to a hair elastic.
I haven't worn this shirt since college chorus days. 
I didn't want to get rid of it, but didn't know what to do with it. 
Voila!  A T-shirt pillow!



Are you Sew Crafty?  What were your beginner sewing projects and what are you working on now?  I'd love some tips on where to go from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment