Friday, October 5, 2012

Pumpkin Spiced Latte

I admit that I have not ever had a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks or any other fancy coffee shop.  I usually choose to waste my frivolous money on something with coconut in it.  But I was inspired by our upcoming Thanksgiving celebration and this recipe which I found on Pinterest, so I decided to give it a whirl.  I am very satisfied with this recipe!  I'll probably tweak it a little for my tastes (I already have, but it'll change according to my mood) but it's a great place to start.


Pumpkin Spice Latte 

Yield: enough pumpkin spice mixture for 7 or 8 homemade lattes

Ingredients

7 oz pumpkin puree
1 c. whole milk
1/4 c. sweetened condensed milk

3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 tsp. ground dried ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
 1/8 tsp. allspice
 

Mix pumpkin mixture with hand blender.  

Add 1/3 cup mixture to 1 cup coffee.  Heat as needed.   Top with whipped cream, cinnamon, chocolate, whatever you wish!

Freeze what you don't want to use today by scooping leftover pumpkin mixture into applesauce cups or similarly sized Tupperware, 1/3 cup at a time.  To use, just pop one into a mug, heat in microwave, and add coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment